10 Great Reasons to “Ask for the VNA”
1. Complete Continuum of Care. We are the only provider of the complete continuum of care to meet patients’ needs at any point in their journey – from Non-skilled and Skilled nursing to Palliative and Hospice care.
2. Nationally Recognized. For eight years running, the VNA has been named to the Homecare Elite list, placing us among the top 25% of Medicare-certified home health care providers in the U.S.
3. One Call, A Full Spectrum Of Services. The VNA specializes in home health, personal services and hospice care. Need other services? We can provide one-stop coordinated services through collaborative partners for many other home health services.
4. Live Well! At Home Disease Management Programs. We offer the region’s most comprehensive disease management programs for heart failure, diabetes, medication management and therapy/mobility.
5. On Time – Guaranteed. We provide initial skilled home visit within 24 hours following discharge. We also provide two hour appointment windows – guaranteed.
6. Unique Patient Advocacy Program. VNA patient advocates are experienced nurses or social workers who regularly call each patient to assess their condition and answer questions. Potential problems can be addressed before they become bigger problems.
7. 24-Hour Phone Access. Patients or family caregivers can reach a VNA nurse – not an answering service … 24-hours-a-day.
8. A History Of Caring. Since 1909, the VNA has been providing compassionate home care in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We have been a Medicare- and Medicaid-certified home health agency since 1966. Medicare has ranked VNA the highest Star Ranking agency in Greater Cincinnati, earned by adopting best practices and demonstrating real patient improvement.
9. Mission Driven. The VNA is the only remaining freestanding nonprofit home health care agency in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Our mission is to provide the highest quality home and community based health and support services to individuals promoting health, dignity, independence and self-sufficiency. Unlike for-profits, all income above expenses is used to improve the health of the community. Each year, the VNA provides more than $1 million in charity care locally.
10. HealthBridge Service Line. Through the HealthBridge service line, we connect hospitals, practices, labs, insurance companies to ensure that patients’ health information is available in real-time—a critical component to enable smarter decisions that enhance patient care and lower health care costs.
David N. – “Very professional, helpful and effective care from my nurse Sue. She knew how to help me recover from a rather serious fall. She was positive and encouraging when I needed it.”
Jeanne G.– “I wish to express my sincere thanks to the VNA for the excellent care my husband has received. My husband looks forward to his visits and enjoys working with the physical therapist to achieve their goals. Recently the nurse noticed a decline in my husband’s blood pressure and immediately contacted the doctor and is now working with the doctor to improve his condition. Our nurse has been extremely helpful to our family and we are very grateful.”
Donna H.- “My nurse is excellent, I wish she was my daughter! She is polite, courteous and so helpful to me.”
Dorothy H.– “This is the 2nd time I have used the VNA. They have always been courteous, kind, gentle and very helpful.”
Janet A.– “The nurses were nice and informative. They physical therapist was great and explained everything. He genuinely cared for his patients and their wellbeing.”